12.31.2007

2007 ~ A Year In The Life of Kat



What a weird, crazy, stressful, boring, and always interesting year. 2007 wasn’t exactly what I had in mind but I won’t complain about it. Everyone has had a year like this at some point. Between work, island crap, friends, and men; it was a unique experience. I started out the year home alone missing my family but excited because I was going back to Okinawa for a little R/R. I always have a great time there and looked forward to seeing my friends. They never let me down.

I met Brooke in January during the Super Bowl party at Maneska’s. A mutual friend thought we should meet and get to know each other. She is a great lady and always a blast to hang out with. I don’t think I could have gotten through this past year without her. She has been my friend and my family all rolled up into one. She just received orders and will be leaving Guam in April 08. I’ll miss her a lot but before she leaves we are going to Thailand.

I met an incredible man in February and spent a lot of time with him until the day he left the island. I miss him but I’m so happy we are friends and one day I hope to see him again. If there is such a thing as the “perfect man”, he is as close to it as I have found. At least I think so.

I worked on my tan a lot in April and May and then the rain came. So much for having a tan; however, I did have one for my May trip to Okinawa. My friend Oz informed everyone he was returning to Okinawa for a three week vacation. He left me a message reading “you better take your ass to Okinawa while I’m there”. So of course I made a trip and we had the best time. I have fantastic pictures but I’m not allowed to share some of them. Evidence is a terrible thing and Oz doesn’t come off looking so good. j/k

I met Kim and Verity in the early summer. Verity is my coworker and friend. We get a kick out of each other. We have hung out, gone to dinner, and giggled our way through our jobs!


Kim is a lawyer and the funniest one I have ever met. She is great fun and very interesting. She and I have this little J'Quan thing going on and I'll explain that one in 2008!

I spent my summer contemplating moving and made the final decision when I was informed my rent would be going up $500 a month. Decision made!! I moved in with Anna and Chris at the end of October and it has been a great experience so far. I’ve even started calling Anna “Mom”; she takes great care of me. That and she keeps trying to set me up with men.

The Thanksgiving holiday was drama filled. If you read my blogs then you know all about it. Here is a quick recap: Flew in, partied, met men, went on date, root canal, tooth extraction, mashed food only diet, massive drugs, pain, partied some more (no alcohol) and then flew home. Nuff said!

I’ve been working really hard ever since. We are in crunch mode right now and the days/weeks have been long. However, I did manage to get a few things in during this busy time: Date, Candy Run, and coordinated the BAH holiday party.


I made my first trip home to California for Christmas. What a wonderful vacation and peaceful. A little peace goes a long way and I'm much happier now. I still miss everyone; I hadn't seen them since Oct 2006. This is by far the longest amount of time I had gone without seeing my family. It was killing me and it affected my personality; to the extent of borderline scary Kat. It really wasn't pretty:)

To all my friends who read these blogs……….thank you for reading, thank you for being my friends, and Happy Holidays! May the New Year bring you wealth, health, happiness, love, joy, and above all else laughter. It’s the best medicine for anything.

No comments: