
If any of you remember my New Years Resolution, it stated get rid of shady ass people and all non-friends.
I’ve recently realized I made a grievous error in who I thought were friends and those who didn’t give two hoots about me. The fact slapped me directly in the face and had me completely debilitated for days. How could I have been so blind?
I don’t think I was blind; I think I chose to believe what the people were telling me to my face. I trusted them and now regret my decision. I’ve questioned these friendships in the past and confronted those I’m speaking of; I was told I shouldn’t listen to others and should trust in our friendship. How big of an idiot do I feel like?
Here is the kicker: no matter what these people have done to me and said about me; my “friends” condone what is being said about me. This completely makes me rethink a lot of my friendships. I'm not saying I'm perfect; far from it.
I don’t tolerate people who talk negatively about my friends and stand up for my friends. I’ll let others know up front “that is a friend of mine and don’t say another word.”
I hate second guessing myself, being too trusting and forgiving. I’m doing ok today; all of this has been happening throughout the year and I’m just now able to write about it. I just keep remembering the saying by Nietzsche “That which doesn’t kill me, makes me stronger.”
I know, how much stronger do I have to get, right? Don't get mad everyone or feel bad for me or worry about me. Trust me, I'm fine. I'm damn proud of who I am and what I've accomplished in my short life. Nobody can take that away from me. I'm just a bit miffed right now.
4 comments:
You go, girl! You're awesome and strong and beautiful! Keep smiling! :)
Kat,
sometimes it takes a lifetime to realize all our gifts...
Li
Thank you both. It's all good.
Keep your chin up! We all are forced to re-evaluate our lives every so often.
You are pretty stubborn. I am sure everything will work out for you.
Post a Comment