11.26.2009

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Well the day started out rather ugly; I awoke to find a thick layer of fog covering everything. I couldn't see beyond my balcony and it didn't clear up until almost noon. I took the picture around 2pm.

Away from home yet again on Thanksgiving. This year, instead of me hosting or going to Okinawa, I went to a friends house. My friend Kim whom I met on Guam is now here in the Quantico area. She invited me to dinner with her and her family.

I had the best time and the food was amazing. I had greens for the first time in my life and I liked them! The Foxx Family was so wonderful to me and made me feel at home. They are great cooks too. Our menu was slammin: Fried turkey, gravy, ham, wild rice, greens, mac-n-cheese, cranberry's, rolls, stuffing, and sweet potato casserole (I made this one). Plus for desert, Kim made a sweet potato pie and I made my berry pie.

I starved all day and sampled a little bit of everything. It was so good; I'm completely addicted to the home made Mac-n-Cheese and have an idea for a recipe.

I sp
ent time today putting up what little Christmas decorations I have. I don't normally decorate since I'm not around on Christmas to enjoy them. However, this year I thought I should do something.

I can't find my angel or some of the garland; thank goodness I'm stateside and can go to the dollar store or Target:)







No comments: