6.10.2012

Bako for Brandon

I was able to make a quick trip home to Bakersfield, CA to attend my nephews High School graduation. Ouch, nothing like an 18 yr old nephew to make you feel old.


It was wonderful to be able to be there for a major milestone in his life. I’ve missed so much of all my nephews and nieces lives due to my job and where I live. I’m such a proud Auntie!

I have to admit, I was a little disappointed that he didn’t attend BHS (go Drillers!) but what can you do.

Anyway, while I was in my home state I also drove up to San Jose and spend time with Elisa and Susan. It was great seeing and talking to them both. I also made a quick trip over to Sacramento to see my BFF CeCe! In an unexpected twist, I was also able to watch Zian’s last tee-ball game of the year. I’m so glad I was there for that and her. I miss her a lot.

Did I forget to mention that I also taught my family how to make my enchiladas, Mexican rice, and green chile corn bread. It’s so easy and now Cindy knows how to make it for the family.

I’ll be traveling back to Bakersfield in September for 25th High School Reunion. Uhhh huhhh, another thing that is making me feel old.

No comments: