3.21.2006

Shurijo Castle Park

In case you haven't noticed I'm still in Okinawa. Yes, I love it here and consider this my home now. Sorry Mom & Dad but your little girl has found her place; then again, Europe is a callen!

I decided to say the heck with the rain and just go sight seeing and brave the Okinawa traffic on Saturday morning to find the Castle. First I had to go south on the 58, then go east on the 82, and try to follow the signs. If you have ever done this yourself you know how much fun that can be. I got lost twice but finally made my way there. I'm so happy I went, it was wonderful getting out and seeing Okinawa. I still can't get over how green everything is here.

Shurijo Castle Park was beautiful. I can't compare it to Kamakura though. Kamakura is breathtaking in its extravagance and landscape. Shurijo is massive in layout and the buildings are completely different in design and color. I had to dress up in a Kimono; it seemed like the thing to do at the time. I hate having my picture taken but I know people actually want to see me in the photos, so I suffered for all of you.
FYI - I found a great place to have my nails done. HEHEHEHE

No comments: