1.28.2009

My Life Is Up In The Air

Talk about up in the air; my life is up in the air. Right now, I have two positions to contend with.

Job 1 – Is solely based on if we win the contract; if we do…..I’m moving to the DC metro area and have to be there before 12 Feb 09. Yes, that soon. I won’t know until Friday.

Job 2 – Is in Japan; Yokota AB to be exact. If we don’t get the contract win in Virginia; then I’m off to Japan.

I’ve already found an apartment I like in Falls Church, VA; I’ve seen pictures, it’s in the right location, and the right price and size. I’m going through the rental process right now, just incase I do move there. I’ll be able to move in on Feb 26. However, my furniture will not be packed out until after I leave and will take up to 3 months to get to Virginia.

Ahhhhh, the joys of shipping furniture half way around the world. Oh, did I mention I have to sell my car and won't have another one anytime soon.

Either way, I’m leaving Guam for good by 10 Feb 09.


4 comments:

GasMeister said...

I love the Falls Church area! I almost took a job with NASA HQ and found a house about one mile from the subway that I just loved (and could actually afford). I never took to position. Driving along the coast in Torrance with the roof down in January kinda changed my mind. I wasn't ready for the snow yet.

Kit Kat said...

LOL, well, it's still up in the air for now but if it does happen, I'll be prepared. I've lived in Minnesota, North Dakota, and South Korea. Those were some snow covered and freezing places.

Janelle said...

Wow! That all sounds so exciting. I know that it must be very stressful too. When ever my life seems crazy I always take comfort in knowing that the Lord knows exactly where He wants each of us. And in the end it's the perfect place! Love ya!

The Fields Family said...

The apartment pictures are gorgeous!