4.26.2009

Venturing Out


Well I finally left my apartment and toured DC. We had beautiful weather yesterday and I wanted to enjoy it. I was on my way to the Lincoln Memorial when I met this group of people at the Pentagon metro, they were going to do a tour on a Top Off bus.

That's a double decker with the top level being uncovered; you can also get on and off when ever you want. I followed them and went to Arlington Cemetery and took the tour.

Here is the short list: Lincoln Memorial, Korean War Memorial, Capitol Hill, Union Station, Embassy Row, Historical Society, Ford's Theatre, Madame Trussuads, Dupont Circle, Spy Museum, Mayflower Hotel, Chinatown, Peterson House, FBI Headquarters, Regan Building, White House, Woodley Park, National Cathedral,and Georgetown.

I didn't get out and tour the White House or do some of the Memorials and Museums. I want to save some things for when my family visits.

Call me crazy but there are just some things I want to experience for the first time with them and them only. It will be a memory that I share with them. I know, I know, I'm mushy dork and I don't care. You all know how I feel about my family and how much they mean to me.

I've also made plans for my next two vacations. Well the big ones that is. I'm hoping (fingers crossed) in 2010 for a tour of Italy and for 2011 touring Greece. I've always wanted to go to both places so that is where I'm going. I'll probably go by myself to Italy and with my parents to Greece.

I don't travel well with others; I hate being on someone else's schedule or doing things I don't want to do. I tend to get "gritchy". Unless the other person understands my distaste for shopping and is independent; if they can go do their own thing and let me do mine......GREAT! Then I'll go with someone. I don't want to ruin a friendship or their vacation.

2 comments:

The Fields Family said...

"Gritchy" huh? LOL! I loved the photos! Thanks for sharing, lady! :)

Kit Kat said...

LOL, I do love that saying! You are welcome, I'm glad you enjoyed them.