6.30.2009

There's Only One Reason ..... Sarah!

Before you ask; there is only one reason to go to Trenton Ohio on vacation. Mine is Sarah; a dear friend who I miss a lot.
-------------------------------
I just returned from Trenton Ohio where I was visiting with my friends, Sarah and Kristie. I stayed at Sarah’s parent’s house with her while she is home for the summer. It was a very relaxing trip. I have to say that Trenton is very spread out and so green. It is beautiful there. I haven't seen that much corn in a long time and I loved it. It reminded me of being a kid.

I met Sarah and Kristie my very first night going out in Okinawa, it was also Kristie’s first night on the island visiting her best friend (Sarah). We met at the Hard Reef and have been friends every since.

I arrived Friday evening around 10pm and we went straight to her parent’s house in Trenton. Saturday we went got up and went to Jungle Jim’s, a huge grocery store that has everything. I do mean everything; every type of food you can think of and you can sample almost everything. Which we did do, we nibbled our way through the store. The funny thing was the outside; there was a waterfall with a jungle theme. You couldn’t take pictures inside though.

We spent most of the day floating in the pool or lounging around the pool. I got some new freckles and a little color. Then in the evening, Kristie, Sarah, and I drove hell and bent to get to Thai food (Sukho Thai). I’m not positive but I think we were in Cincinnati, everything is so spread out and I wasn’t paying attention. The food was great and I really enjoyed myself.

Now for the funny/sad/oh my god/I'm going to hell part. We drove to Fairfield and went to Rick’s Tavern & Grille, a local watering hole for nurses. Oh my gosh; it was soccer Mom & divorced nurses night. There were three times as many women as men and the men were nothing to write home about. Great band playing there though; Snow Shoe Crabs. Yes, that was the name of the band.

All I can say is this: First, Soccer Mom’s - you aren’t in your 20’s anymore, put your purse down, don’t act like a slut who just got released from prison, you are married and don’t forget it, Tae Bo is not dancing, the “I’m a rocker” symbol is for kids, and cover up your gut. You are still beautiful and sexy but you don’t need to act like a 2 dollar crack whore to get attention or dress like one either.
Second, Capri pants with Cherry’s all over them and two directly on the ass are not meant for adults. Those are kids pants so put them away. Never never wear a red, lace, body stocking under your clothes and flash the band members. You aren’t 18 and a rock video slut. It was so tacky people and I have a whole new respect for myself and my friends after witnessing all of this.

Last, men with very butch wives should never show their nipples in public. Enough said.

Next we went to a trucker bar. Yes, at the truck stop too. It was called “Coyote Ridge Saloon” and it’s everything you would imagine it to be. Now, I’m not one for class structure. The people here were all truckers, bikers, or country; which is totally cool by me since I grew up around it. It was filled with men dressed like bikers, country, or trying to be country.

The women, showed way too much flesh and needed to lasso the girls with a good bra, any bra would have been nice. The only issue I had there was the band. I don’t know who the guy thought he was but he jumped around a small stage, shaking his ass, throwing his guitar around, announcing his CD, and then he played “air guitar” on his guitar. I swear, he spun his guitar around and when it came back to the front of him, it was showing the strings towards him, and he played air guitar. Then realized it and flipped the guitar over to start playing again.

I’m sorry to all the soccer Mom’s who may read this and I don’t mean to be rude but there is certain behavior that is just not appropriate. Even the 20 something’s where making fun and imitating these women. They grabbed their purses and started acting like the Mom’s and even looked better doing it. I laughed my ass off and congratulated them later. I swear I could achieve my PHd in sociology based off of my doctoral dissertation of Rick's and the Trucker Bar.

We spent Sunday by the pool and I did get a bit more burnt that day. I didn’t get enough SPF 70 on my back and face. It's probably what I deserve for making fun of people.

All in all, it was a great time. We are definitely going to hell for making fun of those women but oh well.

No comments: