You know me, it's all about the food and thankfully my friends are "foodies!"Recently, I went out to Lebanese Food & Hookah with Kim and Jessica. We had so much fun. First we went to a place in Fairfax and no way were we going to stay there. Imagine walking-in someplace, the record scratches, it goes quiet, and all eyes are on you. Then notice it's all men who are giving you a "body check" and you get that uneasy feeling of danger! That's what it was like. Jessica and I immediately left. We called Kim and said "we are not staying here; meet us in Alexandria." We ended up at Zikrayet Lebanese Restaurant & Lounge. It's really nice and more American-Female friendly. It's the only nice way of saying it. Sorry.
Then last night, My White and I went to Moroccan Food at Casablanca in Old Town Alexandria. I haven't seen My in over four years. It was wonderful seeing her again and play catch up! We worked together at NASA Ames and now her hubby is stationed here in DC. My loved it and is looking forward to taking her hubby when he returns from his deployment.
I love the food at Casablanca. The Bastilla is my favorite. I've been to Morocco, so I'm really picky about the food and this place is authentic.
Menu last night: Hariria Soup, Bastilla, Couscous with Chicken & Veggie. (pic: Bastilla and Couscous!)
No comments:
Post a Comment