2.18.2011

San Diego to Bakersfield

Every once in a while I luck out; it doesn't happen very often but when it does, it's great!

My firm and client sent us on a trip to San Diego, CA for a few days; of course I orchestrated a free trip to Bakersfield out of it!! 36 hours---Yay. It was so wonderful seeing my family. Mexican food on Friday night and Bill Lee's on Saturday.......PERFECT!!!

To make it easy on myself, I flew into Los Angeles and drove to San Diego. It's also cheaper to fly into Los Angeles so my firm was happy about that.

Tues - fly to CA
Wed & Thu - meetings meetings meetings
Fri - 6am drive back to LAX and drop off rental car. Pick up personal rental car and drive to Bakersfield.
Sun - 2:30am, drive back down to Los Angeles and fly back to DC.

It was crazy busy and a lot of driving but hey, it was warm!!


San Diego: I stayed at the Hilton Bayfront, which is across from the Gaslamp Quarter. We went to Nobu for dinner on the second night of our trip and Ruth Chris Steak House on the last night. I liked Nobu but I don't think the food can compare to my place in DC......Wasabi. I love the sushi at Wasabi.

On our last day our meetings ended early so I got some sun. Too much before I remembered the sun block; oops! All of us wanted to see beaches, even though our hotels were on the water. East Coast people, I know. We went to Ocean Beach and Mission Beach before hitting up Ruth Chris.

All in all, an excellent trip. I won't go into the return trip to DC. Let's just say Delta airlines handled the situation very well and got me home; the Pilot didn't show up for my original flight:) Yep, can you believe that.

No comments: