3.04.2011

Mai Thai Thursday

Last night my friends and I ventured into Old Town and went to Mai Thai.

The location is fantastic and we enjoyed our view of the water. I’m a big fan of the Thai Phoons at Pentagon Row and expected to be a bigger fan of Mai Thai after reading the reviews. That isn’t the case.

I ordered my usual (Panang) and so did my friends. My friends liked their food and raved about it. One friend ordered the Shrimp Pad Thai, one ordered the Tofu Pad Thai, and the other had the Pepper Garlic Beef.

My Crab and Shrimp Spring Roll was good. It wasn't over cooked as they sometimes are. However, the Panang Chicken wasn’t what I expected. The sauce was a watered down version peanut sauce and not what Panang should be.

Two of the dishes came out very quickly but one was incorrect; it should have been Tofu but was Shrimp instead. She took the shrimp and didn't care; both were only luke warm. The second two came out 10 minutes later. Had we waited to eat, our food would have been cold. Also, I ordered Jasmine tea and it wasn’t hot.

I’m very disappointed but maybe I should give the place a second chance. I’m hoping it was just an off night. That or I'll just stick to the following: Galae Thai at Eisenhower Metro or Thai Phoons. Much better places for food and decor.

No comments: