The restaurant’s ambiance was wonderful; it’s very nice but you are comfortable and feel free to speak easily. I arrived early and it was raining but three different Valets were there to assist me and keep me covered.
The staff at Ceiba is friendly, funny, and professional but not stuffy. By the time the last of my guests arrived I had secured us the best table and view in the restaurant. Needless to say my guests were very impressed; especially since one of them witnessed how I pulled it off. I’m good!
We started off with the Guacamole de molcajete (Made Fresh to Order, Crisp Corn Tortillas). We like it so much we ordered a second and probably would have ordered a third if our appetizers hadn’t arrived at just the right time! Wonderful guacamole for DC. Guest 1 and I are Cali Kids are we know good Guac.
Since I’ve been to Ceiba before I knew what to expect but watching my friend’s faces as they tried their food was just too much fun. I must have been on a crab kick last night because I couldn’t seem to get enough of it. I loved the Blue Crab soup and their wasn’t a drop left in the bowl but the best was my double decker crab Torre de Cangejo; it’s two layers of crab prepared in different ways. Crab cake on top of tempura battered crab). So yummy and to top it off, I had the chocolate mousse cake again.
I would have to say that Guest 2 had the best entrée but it’s a close call since my crab was kicken! He loved his food and I think I’ve made a restaurant week geek out of him!
To see all the pictures go to: http://katfrancis.shutterfly.com/7138
Our Menu:
Mine:
-Blue crab tortilla soup with Jumbo Lump Crab Pico de Gallo, Crispy Tortillas
-Torre de cangejo with Crispy Soft Shell Crab, Crab Cake, Grilled Pineapple Cholula Butter (two layers of crab prepared in different ways; crab cake on top of tempura battered crab)
-Mexican Chocolate Mousse Cake with Candied Pecans, Chocolate Tuile
Guest 1:
-Yucatan Shrimp Ceviche "Cocktail" with Pico de Gallo, Avocado, Crisp Corn Tortillas
-Blackened swordfish ala plancha with Roasted Fingerling Potatoes, Asparagus, Calamari Escabeche
-Traditional Flan with Mandarin Orange Segments
Guest 2:
-Cuban Black Bean Soup with Ham and Cheese Croquetta, Pickled Red Onions, Latin Crema
-Grilled pork tenderloin with Nopales al Pastor Relleno, Chihuahua Cheese, Ranchero Sauce
-Warm Sugar Canella Dusted Churros Dark Rich Hot Fudge, Cinnamon
No comments:
Post a Comment