1.13.2012

Ceiba (DC) - Day 4 of Restaurant Week

Day 4 of Restaurant Week and my second reservation and it was 60 degrees outside. Day 1 - we have snow and on this day....sun; go figure. This was my third time dining at Ceiba and I can’t say I was overwhelmed by the glorious food.

Don’t get me wrong, it was good and I enjoyed my meal but it didn’t knock my socks off. I’m not sure if they were having an off night or maybe I just ordered wrong. We did order two guacamole, we needed two in order to pass the time while we waited for our other dinner companion. She was working and was an hour late arriving.

Appetizer:
Blue Crab Tortilla Soup - Jumbo Lump Crab Pico de Gallo, Crispy Tortillas (mine)
Cuban Black Bean Soup - Ham and Cheese Croquetta, Pickled Red Onions, Latin Crema

Main Course:
Grilled Bone-In Pork Chop - Merquin Spiced Potatoes, Chilean Mushroom Jus
“Moqueca Bahiana" Brazilian Seafood Stew Rock Lobster, Prawns, Calamari, Mussels, traditional accompaniments (mine)
Grilled Sugar Cane Skewered Jumbo Shrimp - Pineapple Salsa, Guacamole, Chipotle Barbeque Butter

Dessert:
Warm Sugar Canella Dusted Churros - Dark Rich Hot Fudge, Cinnamon Marshmallow (mine)
Mexican Chocolate Mousse Cake - Candied Pecans, Chocolate Tuile

I really liked my seafood stew; I guess you can equate it to a cioppino. There was so much seafood in there! I couldn’t eat the calamari (I did try it) but wolfed down the lobster, shrimp, and mussels. The broth was almost thick, buttery and so smooth. I’m not sure of the spices but it was really good.

No comments: