We went to Tallula during Restaurant Week and this was our final reservation (#3) for the week. I really enjoyed the meal and the service was impeccable. Our server gave us wonderful recommendations and was very attentive.
While I’m not a huge fan of Oysters or brussels sprouts, these were really good. They were deep fried but not crunchy and the oyster was still moist. The scallops were amazing and the bacon and brussels sprouts added the perfect balance to the sweetness of the scallops. I also tried the sweet potato gratin, yummy!
Now for dessert, OMG, the peanut butter ice cream was the kicker to the Fat Elvis. When I looked at the waffle I thought, “oh boy this is going to be sweet” however, it was a perfect balance. The waffle wasn’t sweet but with the banana and powdered sugar, you got the sweet…..then you got the bacon. The salty of the bacon was the perfect counter measure to the sugar. Man that was good.
We sampled each other’s meals and I still think I ordered the best items on the menu! Both the chicken and pork loin were moist and not over cooked. Both were very good.
Appetizer:
Cornmeal Crusted Oysters, cauliflower, ‑ fingerling potatoes, bacon, frisée, lemon (mine and a friend)
Spinach and Ricotta Gnudi, yukon potato puree, braised beef short rib, mustard greens
Main Course:
Brined Chicken Breast, creamy chick peas, braised kale, crispy polenta, red chili compote
Pan Roasted Diver Scallops, beluga lentils, salsify, bacon, brussels sprouts, cucumber-caper relish (mine)
Brined Pork Loin, sweet potato gratin, swiss chard, radish, juniper-mustard jus
Dessert:
Fat Elvis Waffle with bacon caramel, bananas, peanut butter ice cream, honey roasted peanuts (mine)
German Chocolate” Cheesecake with toasted coconut, candied pecans, coconut sorbet
Sorbet selection with warmed caramel sauce
Tallula was the winner this week.
No comments:
Post a Comment