As you may already know, my parents, grandmother and I are heading to Ireland on the 16th of March. I figured I would "tack up" by putting my itinerary.
March 17th – We land in Dublin and celebrate Saint Patrick’s Day in Merrion Square.
March 18th – We take it easy by going to mass (not my idea) and probably do a Hop-On/Hop-Off tour of the city
March 19th – Go to Belfast for a day trip: we visit St. Peter's Church in Drogheda & the embalmed head of St. Oliver Plunkett, Monasterboice with some of the high crosses, as well as the Proleek Dolmen (megalithic portal tomb). Then drive into Belfast and back to Dublin.
March 20th – More sightseeing in Dublin and I’m hoping to get outside the city a bit but I doubt it
March 21st – We go to Cabra Castle (Kings Court) to tour the grounds and spend the night in a castle! The Princess is really happy about this but there better not be a pea under my mattress.
March 22nd – Kiibeggan and Limerick city tour to include King Johns Castle and the Treayt Stone. Spend the night in Limerick.
March 23rd – It’s off to the Cliffs of Moher and Aran Island and then head into the Galway countryside.
March 24th – Don’t ask why this is on the tour but it is: traditional Irish family by going to Molanna Dairy Farm. Then off to Killarney to see Muckross House and Gardens.
March 25th – Tour the coastal routes to Ring of Kerry. Gap of Dunloe, ocean villages, and Lakes of Killarney.
March 26th – Blarney Castle and kiss the Blarney Stone. Then off to the Waterford Crystal Factory where I do plan to shop a bit! Then a walking tour of Waterford.
March 27th – Tour the medieval city of Kilkenny then back to Dublin to taste more Guinness.
March 28th – Dublin and pack for our trip home
March 29th – Fly back the states and yes it’s going to be a long day with an 6 hour layover in NYC and back to Virginia
For those of you who don't know what "tack" is, it's a term used with horses and basically means "gear".
No comments:
Post a Comment