2.22.2012

Car Trouble

It was a long day at work and I just wanted to go home to get some rest. My first day back after being out sick, so yes, I was exhausted.

I'm sitting at the gate waiting to go enter M Street in South East DC. Not the place to be after dark but hey, I'm headed home right. All of a sudden my iPod starts to go out and I pull into the opening of the gate and apply gas........no acceleration. I drifted into the street with no control of my car and this is one busy intersection. I coasted as close to the far lane as possible and then jumped out and pushed my car to the curb. Which of course I couldn't angle correctly because even my steering wheel would move correctly.

There I stood, nobody stopping to help, people just honking horns, and staring at me. Welcome to DC people! Again, SE Washington DC IS NOT someplace you want to be after dark and it was getting dark. Thank goodness it was the freeway or further down on M street when I broke down. I would hate to think of what could have happened to me.

I called for tow and called my good friend. She was great and soon as she could, she came to wait with me for the tow, we ended up waiting 2 hours. Then she took me to the dealership and then home.

So it turns out that my alternator and battery had to be replaced. Jeez and ouch. They say it comes 3's but in my case more like 6. #1-no Valentines with the Honey. #2-Sick and out of the office for 4 days and #3-the car, DVD went bust #4, Vaccume exploded #5, and phone batteries died #6 .

No comments: