3.26.2008

Crazy, Sexy, Cool

Life is so crazy sometimes. Just when you think you know exactly what you want; reality slaps you in the face. I’ve been telling myself for almost a year “I want to leave Guam.” But now that it could possibly be a reality, I’m not so sure I want to leave. I love the friends I’ve made and frankly, I love the island lifestyle. Yes, it’s insanely expensive to live here. I must be crazy to want to live here but one look at the beaches, jungle, and not working past 4pm makes you re-think things.

I’ve grown so accustomed to the relaxed atomospher that I literally wear a wife beater, sarong, and flip flops when I’m not at work. I go to the store, dinner, and beach in nothing else. At least it’s better than going around in my Old Navy loungewear! Of course I do go around the island in those too. What? You don’t live here:) Right now, I just love this sexy existence!

There is just something about living on an island that agrees with me. I feel so relaxed, alive, and happy. Don’t get me wrong, I love home, I miss home, but I don’t think I’m meant to live there. The past few years have opened my eyes to who I am and the gypsy blood running through my veins; figuratively speaking of course. It’s just way too cool. I’ve finally figured out who I am and what I want. I’m just not ready to be back on mainland yet. Give me six more months and I may change my tune:)

No comments: