I left my house at 4:15am, so I could be at the airport by 4:30; thank god I did, the lines were crazy at the counter but I was able to get ahead of everyone and get my bag checked. I went straight to security and made it through there in about 15 minutes. I went to the currency counter and low and behold, they don’t have Won. WTH? They said “we are out of stock but we can give you Yen”. Now if I wanted Yen, I would go to Japan, I’m going to Korea………hello!I get to Narita airport and wait 4 hours for the ticket counter to open up only to find out my flight was delayed 4 hours. Now what? Thank goodness for Star Alliance because United got me on the Asiana flight that left 2 hrs earlier than my original flight! Not too shabby. I was just happy Jezzica wouldn’t be waiting for me for 4 extra hours. Had she left the airport and took a cab; she couldn’t have gotten checked into our room; it’s in my name.
We made it to our hotel and wow; nice hotel!!!!!!!!!! We ate a salad and went to bed. Oh, and I broke my sunglasses.
Wednesday we spent all day in class then went to the Dragon Hill Lodge for the BAH town hall and meet/greet. We had a good time and then went back to the hotel for another happy hour in the Oak Room. This is a very nice jazz bar. I stayed until midnight; I just couldn’t keep going. I went back to the room and crashed. I have no idea what time Jezz came back.
Thursday we had class until 1pm; Jezz and I did a little shopping on base before we went back to the hotel. We changed and headed down to the open market. I forgot what a Korean open market is like and boy was I having fun. I found a pair a shades that I liked and man the cost; I found others instead. Then I found purses!!! I wacked my head on some purses and the Adashi said “you tall!!!” I laughed and said “yes I am”. I found a purse I liked and the Adashi was way to happy; he tried to hug and kiss me. I turned a bit so the “girls” weren’t directly in his face and did a “MUAH” on the side of his face. He was even more happy then. Once I paid for my purse he kissed my hand and thanked me. We found another cool place for hair stuff; the Ashima kept giving us free presents with each purchase. Needless to say, Jezz and I made out like bandats!!! We went to Korean BBQ Thursday evening at our hotel and killed the beef and chicken.
No comments:
Post a Comment