4.19.2008

Farwell To Brooke


Today we had a going away party for my friend Brooke. We named it the “Combat Shot” and everyone was supposed to wear some sort of camouflage; not everyone did but Brooke and I wore it. Her mother was so sweet and made us our clothing; I wore PJ bottoms. I threw the party at our favorite bar, The Sunset Grill. We had a great time and I even had a few beers with my girl! Nobody could believe I was drinking; probably because I rarely drink and never on Guam.

For those of you in Okinawa; what a shock huh! Anyway, Brooke is moving to Virginia on May 3rd. I don’t know what I would have done without her. She has been a great friend and I’ve enjoyed getting to know her; not to mention all of the sunbathing we have done. My freckle collection has increased 10-fold since I met her:)

I know I'll see her again. I'm sure the "Mayberry" town she is moving too will be in shock the first time she rides her Harley through it! I wish I could be there to see that one :)

No comments: