My second year went by much faster than my first. Work wise, it was way worse, I won't go into details because it isn't polite and not worth it. I'll just say there were people there who made my life a living hell, except for Verity, Kim, Janet, Mardi, Annette, & Donna; they made it bearable and kept me laughing. I also made new friends and I’m less stressed and much happier; I attribute this to moving in with Anna & Chris. I have the best roomies ever. They were my godsend or saving grace; whichever you want to call it.
Year one, I was fighting to survive and there were times I didn't think I would make it. My damned stubborn personality kept me from giving in and I forged ahead. Six months ago I wasn’t ready to leave this beautiful island but after two years, I’m ready to go. I still haven’t found a new job within Booz Allen but I do have a back up plan. It really sucks not knowing what I’ll be doing in another week or month but nobody really knows what to expect; anything can happen at any time and we are never prepared.
If I don’t find work within the firm and have to go home to Bakersfield, so be it. I’m choosing to look at this as a positive thing and just start a new adventure. I haven’t lived there since I was 18 yrs old and who knows, maybe I’ll enjoy being someplace where I have a built in network of friends and family.
The most important thing in life is family. I’ve been gone so long that I’ve felt completely segregated from my family & friends.
I continue to keep my fingers crossed for work within the firm but I’m a realist; if I haven’t found something by now, I’m probably not going too. My skill set just doesn’t match up to the positions the firm has available. It’s nobody’s fault; it’s just the change in times and clients. I’ve had a great time with the firm and appreciate everything I’ve been able to do.
2 comments:
Kat, I know that the Lord has the perfect place picked out for you... even if it is in good old Bakersfield. When I went away to college I told myself and everyone else that I wasn't coming back! My plans didn't work out the way I had planned and I am so glad that they didn't. My point is that I think that you are very wise to keep all of your options open and include Bako as a backup... plus it would be great to hang out and get to know you more!
I'm inspired by your positive thinking and planning ahead! You'll do great where ever you live and whatever you're doing! Please, just keep in touch! :D Miss you, lady!
Post a Comment