10.24.2009

Fall~O

Living on the east coast has at times been somewhat of a cultural shock to the system; mostly it's was the freezing cold weather I endured upon arrival. The summer was gorgeous by my standards and now we are in the throws of Fall.

Last weekend the trees were still somewhat green but this weekend you could see the changing of colors. I didn't want to waste a second of it and miss out on the photo-op. I missed the Cherry Blossoms due to all the rain and today it rained all day but with trusted camera in hand I ventured out.

At first I stayed close to home, then drove over to Old Town Alexandria; of course it was completely crowded, so I made the slow dredge down King St and just took it all in. I felt a bit adventurous and decided I'm going into DC without assistance. That meant leaving the GPS in the bag:)

I drove around Constitution and Independence Ave then went down to the Potomac. It was drizzling but I really enjoyed myself. I took a few really good pictures and the rest are just so-so. All the pictures are posted on my website.

I wish everyone could witness a real Fall season; it's incredible.





4 comments:

GasMeister said...

I will be there next week! Flying in on Halloween.

Kit Kat said...

Oh very cool. Hopefully you'll get to see all the colors

GasMeister said...

Sorry Kat, my schedule got packed with a lot of stuff for the conference and I will not be able to meet up. Hope you forgive me.

Kit Kat said...

No worries, I'm swamped myself