Kat with a passport and fork! Its all all about the F’s: film, food, family, and friends...but not in that order! My family is like fudge - mostly sweet with a few nuts and worth every bite...My friends are those rare people that tolerate my sense of humor and who support & buy in to my food obsession...Diet food is only acceptable to eat when you're waiting for dessert to arrive.
12.31.2010
2010 Wrap Up
2010 turned out to be a good year. I wasn’t so sure it would be during January & February. The IRS and Kadena Dental Clinic had major plans for my hard earned dollars; of course they won but it could have been so much worse.
The DC metro area was hit hard by several blizzards and 59 inches of snow. I survived but was snowed in for a week. I was so sick of my apartment by the end of the “snow in”. The snow didn’t melt away for months.
I went home to Bakersfield to see the family for 4th of July. Jason, Ashlee, and Kadie were home from Guam, so I was able to spend some time with them. I was able to travel to Charleston South Carolina for work and boy did I enjoy the food! My cousin Bonnie drove over and spent an evening with me. She made reservations at Magnolia’s and it was incredible. Again I say, I enjoyed the food!
My dear friend Jezzica DeLa Pena was here from Guam and I was able to spend a day with her driving around the city. It was so nice to catch up with her.
I have to say, I have the most wonderful friends all over the world. The ones I have here are no exception. My ladies are the best. They totally get into my “It’s all about the food thing” and we enjoyed our nights out. We found Co Co Sala during the summer restaurant week, OYA in the fall, and of course Belga Café year round. Naomi threw a crab cook out for her friends and mine. I made Thanksgiving dinner with Kim and it turned out to be an outstanding dinner. It was definitely a year of amazing food and I loved every bite of it.
My parents came to visit in early November and we had such a wonderful time. Sightseeing & food included:
11-3-10: White House & Pentagon Tours & Wasabi for sushi
11-4-10: Mt. Vernon & Belga Cafe at Eastern Market
11-5-10: Touring DC (Arlington Cemetery and Memorials) & Casablanca in Old Town Alexandria (Mom's b-day)
11-6-10: Touring DC (US Capitol, Natural History Museum, Spy Museum, and National Cathedral
I traveled to Bakersfield for Christmas with the family. It was a short trip but so worth it. I was blessed to spend time with my parents, siblings, nieces/nephews, and cousins. I don’t get to see some of them very often but that doesn’t diminish the bond we have or the love we feel. I’m so lucky to have been placed with this family. I can’t thank my biological family enough for choosing my parents.
Also, I got wonderful news on the health front; I went for my yearly physical and complete blood work up. I'm in exceptional health for someone with my history and current gallbladder issues. I rocked those tests and couldn't be happier.
Here is hoping (fingers crossed) that 2011 is another good year. My resolution is as follows: Let go of the past, it will only hurt me and keep me from moving forward. Be more patient (I say this every year). Stop cursing, I’ve been working on this for some time and I’m actually getting better. Try to explore the city more and the surrounding areas. I need to branch out and learn more about the state I’m living in.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment