Washington, DC Winter Restaurant Week in January 2011
This night we went to Ceiba; I saw the name at OpenTable and went to the website. I liked what I read and then I asked my colleagues if they had heard about it. Only a few knew about the place but they all raved about it.
The restaurant’s ambiance was wonderful; it’s very nice but you are comfortable and feel free to speak easily. I arrived and three different Valets were there to assist me. They even brought my car back when I realized I left my wallet in my other purse that was in the trunk! I tipped them extra for being so nice about it.
Maybe it’s just me but you know you are at a nice restaurant when there is a coat check! Where I’m from, only the nicest of restaurants have a coat check. The hostess was very friendly and the wait staff was amazing. Always friendly, professional, and knew the menu inside and out. Their recommendations were spot on and I was extremely grateful for the suggested Guacamole; I’m from middle California and I know good Guacamole (excellent).
My Menu: Shrimp Cocktail Ceviche, Seared Scallops “Ala Plancha” with Fresh Hearts of Palm Puree, Citrus Brown Butter, Capers, Golden Raisins, and for dessert the Mexican Chocolate Mousse Cake with Candied Pecans, Chocolate Sauce
The Shrimp Ceviche was spicy and wonderful flavors. The Scallops came with an amazing sauce that was sweet but not sweet that you couldn’t eat it. The dessert, that Mexican Cake was so good but the candied pecans were the kicker.
Our meals were fantastic but I must admit that my friend “K” made the perfect choice. She ordered the Achiote Glazed Pork Chop; as soon as I tasted it, I had a moment. Between the glaze and the spicy mashed potatoes, well, it brought me to my knees. My friend “H” ordered the Seared Yellow fin Tuna (rare); normally I don’t like rare Tuna but it was wonderful. Both of them chose the Churros for dessert and wow, very authentic.
I will definitely return to Ceiba and not just during restaurant week. I may need to try the entire menu! I cannot wait to take my mother to this restaurant. I highly recommend Ceiba.
Maybe it’s just me but you know you are at a nice restaurant when there is a coat check! Where I’m from, only the nicest of restaurants have a coat check. The hostess was very friendly and the wait staff was amazing. Always friendly, professional, and knew the menu inside and out. Their recommendations were spot on and I was extremely grateful for the suggested Guacamole; I’m from middle California and I know good Guacamole (excellent).
My Menu: Shrimp Cocktail Ceviche, Seared Scallops “Ala Plancha” with Fresh Hearts of Palm Puree, Citrus Brown Butter, Capers, Golden Raisins, and for dessert the Mexican Chocolate Mousse Cake with Candied Pecans, Chocolate Sauce
The Shrimp Ceviche was spicy and wonderful flavors. The Scallops came with an amazing sauce that was sweet but not sweet that you couldn’t eat it. The dessert, that Mexican Cake was so good but the candied pecans were the kicker.
Our meals were fantastic but I must admit that my friend “K” made the perfect choice. She ordered the Achiote Glazed Pork Chop; as soon as I tasted it, I had a moment. Between the glaze and the spicy mashed potatoes, well, it brought me to my knees. My friend “H” ordered the Seared Yellow fin Tuna (rare); normally I don’t like rare Tuna but it was wonderful. Both of them chose the Churros for dessert and wow, very authentic.
I will definitely return to Ceiba and not just during restaurant week. I may need to try the entire menu! I cannot wait to take my mother to this restaurant. I highly recommend Ceiba.
No comments:
Post a Comment