Last night we had a company dinner. Nothing too fabulous; just dinner at my favorite little hot spot. Yes, Sunset Grill. It was a simple get together with two off island visitors. Until we were about to leave and our manager stands up and embarrasses me in front of everyone. He gave me a darned award.
Not that I don’t want awards; who doesn’t. However, I would prefer to get one in private and not have to get up in front of everyone and be praised. I don’t do well with praise. I know this is stupid but I want the praise but not with a group of people around.
If I was the person not receiving the award and had to sit through this; I think I would be somewhat jealous. Of course I would be happy for them and give them the praise they deserve but there is always that little pang of jealousy. I’m such a girl! Anyway, this is why I don’t like getting awards. A nice email to the team is good enough.
1 comment:
Congratulations on your award! :) You deserve it and you deserve others to know it too. I think it promotes motivation in others to do a good job to get such recognition for themselves. Since when do you care what other's think, anyway?!
Post a Comment