12.18.2008

Snow Days


I made it to California only to have a winter storm come through and cover everything in white!!!! Not Bakersfield of course but the mountains around us. Yesterday, I drove out to Dryden (Edwards AFB) and visited my NASA friends. It was wonderful to be there again and see as many people as I did.

While driving through Tehachapi the snow started to come down. It wasn't bad at all and I didn't think anything of it. After three hours of visiting, NASA closed down because the snow was coming down and the roads were starting to get bad; not just in the mountains but even on base.

I left immediately and drove back over the "hill"; the roads closed around 4pm and I got home at 2pm. I did stop in Tehachapi and play for a few minutes before going back to Bakersfield :) I'm really enjoying this trip home!

I also saw an accident on the 14; a van flipped over multiple times and slammed into a telephone pole (see picture).





3 comments:

Janelle said...

So glad that you were able to make it to good old Bako! Let's make a plan to get together before you leave.

GasMeister said...

Darn. Wish I was still at NASA. It would have been great to see you again. Glad you made it through the roads okay. You know how people drive around there.

Have a Merry Christmas!

Kit Kat said...

Hey you two! Janelle, you have Mom's phone number, right?

Craig, I wish I was still out there too sometimes. I miss everyone.