What a strange year; my friendships & personal life flourished and my professional world was tossed upside down. I was able to maintain all of my New Years Resolutions. See below:
1) Kick ALL shady ass men to the curb
2) Ignore the haters
3) See as much as I can before I leave this island (more travel finally)
4) ALL non friends must go
5) Don’t expend energy on people who don’t deserve it (reference to number 4)
My resolution last year paid off in spades; I have zero drama in my personal life and I love it. I was more skeptical of people and that also paid off. I kept the evil doers at bay and only allowed my friends close access to me. I didn’t realize how important this one was going to be until mid-year when everything I had worked so hard for came under fire and my professional world came crashing down around me. It’s so ugly and complicated that I don’t want to talk about it. I was also able to do some traveling and went to Seoul Korea, Okinawa twice, and the states for the holidays.
I have the best roomies ever and say thanks to my maker all the time for bringing them into my life. They have been my lifesavers, companions, sanity checkers, and true friends. I made some new friends this year and lost a few as well. I’m so blessed to have the family and friends that I do. I don’t know what I did in a previous life to deserve them but I’m not going to question it either.
I’ve also maintained a certain friendship that means more than any other. I won’t go into details or give out names because that will just give out too much info and those who know me really well know exactly what I’m talking about anyway. I learned that in order to have a drama free personal life; a lot of details have to be kept private.
Quick recap: Started cooking again, met new family members, made new friends, zero drama personally, traveled, lost friends, didn’t date much or at all really, kept all shady ass men away from me...hence the lack of dating, team captain for the Relay for Life, organized BBQ’s and dinners, stayed out of the sun as much as possible, changed project task at work, loved on my Okinawa friends, turned 40 & fabulous, lost more weight, went home to my family, and am looking forward to 2009.
My resolution for 2009 is as follows: Have more patience & strength in myself, other people and life. I can’t control everything, everything happens for a reason, and it’s out of my hands. It’s how I manage and respond to the situation……this is my only control. God will only give me what I can handle and he will bless me but it’s not on my timetable, it’s on his.
No comments:
Post a Comment