We dined at Ris during restaurant week and the experience was wonderful. First, let me write that the staff at Ris was fantastic. Everyone from the hostess to the servers was friendly, professional, and extremely helpful. They deserve a round of applause. Especially Mark.
There were three of us and each of us ordered different appetizers and entrees.
Appetizer:
Vichyssoise with crème fraîche and chives
French Crudité Plate with leeks vinaigrette, celeriac remoulade, sherried beets
Moules Marinière with butter, herbs and vermouth, served with grilled bread
Entrée:
Sole Meunière with lemon brown butter and parsleyed potatoes
Dueling Meatloaf with mashed potatoes, summer squash with tomatoes and mushroom gravy
Poulet Frites with beautifully roasted chicken and frites with haricots verts
Thankfully, we sampled each others meals and I can honestly say the Moules Marinière was the appetizer winner hands down. The Vichyssoise was very good but the Moules Marinière made my mouth water and I wanted to steal the bowl from my friend.
All three of us ordered the Salty Turtle Sundae with vanilla ice cream, salted pecans chocolate and caramel sauces. I’m glad I chose this desert, while it wasn’t the recommended desert; it was perfect after the Sole.
Each of the entrées was wonderful. The Sole Meunière was the winner. It was the lemon brown butter with capers that the green beans, Sole, and potatoes bathed in that put the meal over the top. Had I been seated in a private dining room, I would have licked my plate clean.
No comments:
Post a Comment